Checklist | Attire | Things to know | Contact
Alabama A&M University
Marching Maroon and White Band
Band Scholarship Checklist
- Scholarship offers are good for three (3) weeks from the date awarded on the Scholarship Contract. Return signed scholarship to AAMU Band, C/O Carlton Wright, Morrison Building Room 113, Normal, AL 35762
- Apply for Admissions at Alabama A&M University: www.aamu.edu and send in necessary documents. Transcript and ACT or SAT Test Score(s)
- Apply for and complete your Student Financial Aid, if applicable at www.fafsa.gov AAMU School Code: 001002
AFTER BEING ACCEPTED
- Pay your one time Enrollment and S.O.A.R. Fee
- Apply online for Residential Life and Housing at www.aamu.edu On AAMU’s home screen look for : Living on Campus
- Pay Housing Application Fee(s)
- Register and attend a Student Orientation and Registration Session (S.O.A.R). S.O.A.R. dates to be posted soon. Check back at www.aamu.edu
- Submit your Student Medical Examination Record Form
************ If you have sent in your scholarship and do not plan to participate with the program, please notify the Director of Bands via phone or email **************
AAMU Band Camp Attire
Shoes – Tennis shoes, comfortable fit for practice and don’t mind getting dirty.
**********No logos, stripes, or designs of any kind will be accepted**********
Things to know
ALABAMA A&M (ALMA MATER)
Rich in Heritage divine
Bless’d by the life of Councill brave
Who gave his all that thou might’st shine.
Many thy brave and loyal sons
Sent from thy shrine on Normal’s Hill
Filled with a zeal for tasks well done
Anxious thy mandates to fulfill.
Long may you live to bless the world
For right and justice take a stand
As from your rocky heights you view
Your children’s work throughout the land.
Alma Mater, blest be thy name.
Long live thy fame; long live thy fame!
STAND UP AND CHEER (AAMU Fight Song)
Stand up and cheer
Cheer loud and long for Dear Old Normal
For today we raise
The maroon above all others
Our noble team now is fighting
Is fighting hard to win the fray
We’ve got the win
We’re sure to win
For this is Dear Old Normal’s day.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Director of Bands, Mr. Carlton J. Wright: 256-372-4099, firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director of Bands, Mr. Mario Warren: email@example.com
Logistics and Band Coordinator, Sherryl Forman: 256-372-4095, firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions: 256-372-5250 Residential Life and Housing: 256-372-5797
Financial Aid: 256-372-5400 Veterans Affairs & Disability Services: 256-372-4263